Monday 7 May 2012

Whats in a nickname?

Nicknames. Everybody has one. Everybody needs one. Do you have one? I do, I have several actually. Nicknames make me laugh. There is just something about the way people make up the wackiest, weirdest nicknames for me. Only a few of the nicknames that I have been called make sense. Some are so crazy, that I don't even know how they came to be!  Here is a list of all the nicknames I have been called over the years. There are some very interesting ones in there.

THE GRAND LIST
-Carlos
-Carl
-Carlisita
-Carls
-Carlsefni
-Carlisle
-Carlstein
-Brie
-Peanut
-Farley
-Farley Boat
-Barley
-Harley
-Bean
-Carbot
-Brie Brie
-Sissy (my little brother gets kudos for this one)
-Carlu
-Grand Pooba
And my overall favourite: Lil’ V (shoutout to my bud Rayanne, thanks for this one)

And thats all I got! Some are extremely weird, and each one has its own story. Each one was given by a different person. I’d like to thank each and every one of you for my lovely nicknames. They make my day complete. There is nothing like walking down the halls, hearing the affectionate call of a friend yelling “HEY CARLS”. It makes me feel loved. So friends, continue making up nicknames, and continue to brighten the world of those around you. Go on now, get! Start making nicknames! I dare you! Scratch that, I double dog dare you. No, I triple dog dare you!

As Mr. Rees would say, Make those Nicknames!
Peace and Love
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment